The building is divided into three sections called houses. Although this separation is not noticeable from the outside the room numbers reflect this division
- House 1 houses the library of the “Studentenwerk”; right section as seen from the Leopoldstrasse
- House 2 is the part above the main entrance and lobby; middle section as seen from the Leopoldstrasse
- House 3 is home to most of the offices; left section as seen from the Leopoldstrasse
The room numbers follow this schema:
- First digit : building section ( house )
- Second digit : floor number. Caution: In Germany the floor numbers start with zero. The first floor is not the ground floor. It’s the one above the ground floor..
- Third and forth digit : Actual room number. I’ve never understood what the system behind the sequence of these numbers is. I guess there’s none. Room 3417 is not directly above or below 3517 and 3317. It’s just somewhere on the fourth floor of section 3.
Following are the links to the floor plans provided by LMU:
There are more rooms used by the faculty on the premises or nearby. These are links to floor plans issued by LMU.
Leopoldstr. 11A + B (Side entrances of the building housing LEOS Sportsclub)
Leopoldstr. 13a (Here you’ll find additional classrooms and the main canteen of the university)
Leopoldstr. 15, home of the Studentenwerk
Giselastr. 10 (Here you’ll find “People Management” and maybe more.)